Friday, January 20, 2012

Heaven Is For Real

I just finished reading this book, titled “Heaven Is For Real.”  And while I rarely get into a book, I flew through this book in about 2 ½ hours.  The book is about this young boy who suddenly becomes ill and comes very near to death.  Miraculously he is healed, but not before having an amazing encounter.  The young boy visits Heaven while in his emergency surgery.  Over a period of several years his dad is able to get many details of his visit, many of which are facts in scripture that no 4 year old is likely to know.  It was an awesome story, and one that really made me think.
            The book is written by the boy’s dad, and is said to be a true story.  I believe it is true, but whether someone believes the boy had an encounter or not, there are many lessons that can be taken away from this book.
The greatest thing God has been teaching me this week, and the greatest thing I took away from this book, comes directly from the title.  Heaven is real!!!  As Christians we aren’t just living this religion for the sake of religion.  It is so easy to be caught up in religion that we forget about God.  We serve a living and real God!  There really is an awesome reward waiting for all believers at the end of this life. 
Not only is heaven real, but this living and real God loves us.  As the boy in the book says several times; He loves us so much!  We can’t imagine how much God loves us!  Jesus came and died, taking all our sin because he loves us so much!
Tonight while worshiping, Matthew 18:20 came to mind, which says, For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." So, not only is this awesome and loving God real, but He wants to be with us!  He desires to know us personally, and it pleases Him so much to hear our praise.  God didn’t have to be there with us tonight, but He loves each of us and hearing our worship so much that He wanted to be there.  And God promises that if only we ask, repent of our sins, and believe in His only son Jesus, He will be with us every day of this life. 
I don’t know about you, but I think that’s all pretty awesome.  My prayer for anyone reading this, and for myself, is that you always remember you are serving a real, living, and loving God who loves you unimaginably and who desires to know you more each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment